Hiring for Chief Pilot
Morrisville, NC | Full Time
Started in 2012 by husband and wife team, Blue Line Aviation is a professional pilot school located in the Johnston Regional Airport in Smithfield, NC. We strive to push the status quo in flight training while providing quality and innovative training to our students.
We are seeking a full time Chief Pilot for our corporate office in Smithfield, NC (KJNX).
* COVID vaccination NOT a requirement for this position.
- Promote a safety-focused environment.
- Ensure compliance with FAA regulations and company policy.
- Foster a community of ownership and dedication to excellence
- Ensure standardization across training.
- Develop and maintain syllabi for all courses.
We are proud to offer medical, dental, and vision insurance; and paid time off to all full time staff members. The work hours for this full time position are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Chief Pilot Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to advocate for students and self.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Education, Work Experience, Etc.
- Must have CFI, CFI, and MEI certificates.
- Must have a current pass rate of 80%.
- Must have at least 3 years of flight instructor or chief pilot experience.
- Must have current 1st year medical.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Blue Line Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but no limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Veteran Hiring Preference:
At Blue Line Aviation, we provide preference to eligible veterans in the initial employment offering, subsequent promotions, reassignments, horizontal transfers and reduction-in-force situations.
A veteran is defined as a person who served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, for reasons other than training, and was discharged under honorable conditions.
An eligible veteran is defined as:
- A veteran who served during a period of war; or
- The spouse of a disabled veteran; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a veteran who died on active duty during a period of war either directly or indirectly as a result of such service; or
- A veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The spouse of a veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a person who died for service-related reasons during peacetime.
To claim veterans’ preference, all eligible persons shall submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to their supervisor or Human Resources. The supervisor and/or Human Resources will then verify. Eligible veterans must meet the minimum training and experience requirements for the position and must be capable of preforming all of the duties assigned to the position.