Hiring for In-House Counsel
Smithfield, NC | Full Time
Started in 2012 by husband and wife team, Blue Line Aviation is a professional pilot school located at the Johnston Regional Airport in Smithfield, NC. We strive to push the status quo in flight training while providing quality and innovative training to our students.
We are seeking a full time In-House Counsel for our corporate office in Smithfield, NC.
* COVID vaccination NOT a requirement for this position.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company,
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue,
- Advising executives within the company,
- Working alongside other departments within the company,
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals,
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company,
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements,
- Providing training to the company on legal topics.
We are proud to offer medical, dental, and vision insurance; and paid time off to all full-time staff members. The work hours for this full-time position are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Education, Work Experience, Etc.:
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university.
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar.
- Must have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Blue Line Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but no limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Veteran Hiring Preference:
At Blue Line Aviation, we provide preference to eligible veterans in the initial employment offering, subsequent promotions, reassignments, horizontal transfers and reduction-in-force situations.
A veteran is defined as a person who served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, for reasons other than training, and was discharged under honorable conditions.
An eligible veteran is defined as:
- A veteran who served during a period of war; or
- The spouse of a disabled veteran; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a veteran who died on active duty during a period of war either directly or indirectly as a result of such service; or
- A veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The spouse of a veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a person who died for service-related reasons during peacetime.
To claim veterans’ preference, all eligible persons shall submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to their supervisor or Human Resources. The supervisor and/or Human Resources will then verify. Eligible veterans must meet the minimum training and experience requirements for the position and must be capable of preforming all of the duties assigned to the position.