Hiring for Program Manager
Morrisville, NC | Full Time
Started in 2012 by husband and wife team, Blue Line Aviation is a professional pilot school located in the Johnston Regional Airport in Smithfield, NC. We strive to push the status quo in flight training while providing quality and innovative training to our students.
We are seeking a full time Program Manager for our corporate office in Smithfield, NC (KJNX).
* COVID vaccination NOT a requirement for this position.
- Promote a safety-focused environment.
- Work with the Academy Flight lead to drive innovation and standardization of training.
- Challenge Flight Instructors to be fully immersed, and responsible for their student up to and including checkrides.
- Enforce integrity at all levels.
- Track Student progress and ensure excursions are addressed by the Academy Lead and the students flight instructor
- Seek opportunities to reward highest performers
- Collaborate with other Program Managers for the use of shared assets (aircraft, instructors, check pilots and examiners)
- Ensure Part 141 training records in our course software are completed on time and accurately.
- Maintain all manuals pertaining to department in concert with the Academy leader.
- Assess department staffing level. Oversee interviewing and hiring of assigned positions if necessary.
We are proud to offer medical, dental, and vision insurance; and paid time off to all full time staff members. The work hours for this full time position are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- PMI Certification preferred
- Management of projects with greater than $100K budgets and schedules greater than 1 year
- Aviation background preferred
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Proven ability to address complex problems within a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Blue Line Aviation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but no limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Veteran Hiring Preference:
At Blue Line Aviation, we provide preference to eligible veterans in the initial employment offering, subsequent promotions, reassignments, horizontal transfers and reduction-in-force situations.
A veteran is defined as a person who served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, for reasons other than training, and was discharged under honorable conditions.
An eligible veteran is defined as:
- A veteran who served during a period of war; or
- The spouse of a disabled veteran; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a veteran who died on active duty during a period of war either directly or indirectly as a result of such service; or
- A veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The spouse of a veteran who suffered a disabling injury for service-related reasons during peacetime; or
- The surviving spouse or dependent of a person who died for service-related reasons during peacetime.
To claim veterans’ preference, all eligible persons shall submit a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to their supervisor or Human Resources. The supervisor and/or Human Resources will then verify. Eligible veterans must meet the minimum training and experience requirements for the position and must be capable of preforming all of the duties assigned to the position.